IF YOU HAVE HAD A FIRE OF ANY SIZE OR SMOKE DAMAGE OF ANY TYPE OR AMOUNT CONTACT ISC SERVICES AT 888-244-7337 IMMEDIATELY.
Not only is it important to prepare for the risk of fire, but it is also important to prepare for the aftermath should one occur.
- It is natural to think it will never happen to you. It is likely that you or someone you are close to will experience a fire or smoke damage. This is why it is vital to have a solid plan should an event take place! ISC Services has all the vital contact information and effect protocols to assist in safety, secondary damage containment, Insurance Adjuster contact information and is a certified Professional Fire and Smoke Restoration Company.
- If you are insured, contact your insurance company for detailed instructions on protecting the property, conducting inventory and contacting fire damage restoration companies, like ISC Services. Note: Insurance companies, Insurance Agents and Insurance Adjusters may recommend a Restoration Contractor. The property owner always has the right to choose their Repair Service Provider. If you are not insured, ISC Services can still provide necessary services and repairs to your home or business.
- Check with the fire department to make sure your residence is safe to enter. Be watchful of any structural damage caused by the fire.
- The fire department should see that utilities are either safe to use or are disconnected before they leave the site. DO NOT attempt to reconnect utilities yourself.
- Conduct an inventory of damaged property and items. Do not throw away any damaged goods until after an inventory is made. There are very effective inventory processes that should be followed to ensure maximum replacement claim values.
- Try to locate valuable documents and records. Remember: Important documents should always be stored in a Fire Resistant File Cabinet, Fire Resistant Safe or outside location. Eg. Safe Deposit Box. *Note: ONLY CONTENTS (a certified contents restoration company which ISC SERVICES partners with) is a highly skilled Document Restoration Specialist that can carefully restore damaged legal documents, medical documents, historical documents, books and other important papers.
- If the damage requires you to leave your home, contact the local police department to let them know the site will be unoccupied. ISC Services can provide “Board-Up” services to provide additional security to Residential and Commercial Properties.
- Begin saving receipts for any money you spend related to fire loss. The receipts may be needed later by the insurance company and for verifying losses claimed on income tax.
- Notify your mortgage company of the fire.
- Check with an accountant or the Internal Revenue Service about special benefits for people recovering from fire loss.